What are the benefits of dental implants?
Missing or damaged teeth can affect a lot more than just your dental health, and can often result in lack of confidence and self-esteem. If you are considering tooth replacement options for damaged or missing teeth, dental implants are a popular and effective treatment choice amongst patients and dentists alike. Often preferred over alternative tooth replacement methods due to their effective and long-lasting nature, dental implants can have multiple benefits for your oral health and the overall appearance of your smile.
Dental implant benefits
- High success rate – One of the biggest reasons behind the popularity of dental implants is their extremely high success rate. Not only are dental implants a long-term tooth replacement solution, they are also successful in over 90% of cases. Prior to any dental implant procedure, a qualified implant dentist will need to assess your medical history and oral health to ensure you are an eligible implant candidate.
- Natural appearance – A huge advantage of dental implants is their natural appearance. Dental implants are designed to look, feel and behave like your own teeth. Since the implant itself fuses with the bone much like your natural tooth root, patients can eat, speak and smile without the reservations that can accompany removable dentures. Many patients can barely tell the difference between their natural teeth and new teeth implants, leading to increased self-esteem and a more confident smile.
- Supports bone growth – When teeth are missing, the jaw bone can begin to deteriorate due to lack of stimulation, causing dissolution of the bone and facial structure. Since dental implants are designed to replace and mimic the tooth’s natural root, they can provide the stimulation needed for natural bone growth, hence preserving the natural jaw and facial structure.
- Aesthetically pleasing – If you’re seeking an aesthetically-pleasing tooth replacement option, teeth implants give you (or rather your dental implant dentist) control over the width, length and general appearance of the replacement tooth to ensure your new teeth implants better align with your aesthetic vision.
- Durability – Providing you care for your teeth implants effectively, dental implants can present a long-lasting tooth replacement solution. Whilst elements of the implants such as the crown may need replacing periodically, your teeth implants could last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance.
- Better protection for surrounding teeth – Unlike other tooth replacement options such as tooth-supported bridges, dental implants don’t require the reduction of surrounding teeth to support the new implant structure. Whilst partial dentures can add pressure to the surrounding teeth and cause damage to gum tissue, dental implants can help preserve the natural teeth and gums by independently supporting the new replacement tooth. As with natural teeth, however, implants still require excellent maintenance and oral care through regular brushing, flossing and dental visits.
Book your dental implants consultation with Aria Dental
If you are considering dental implants as your prefered tooth replacement option, the Perth dentists at Aria dental can assess your eligibility and provide you with all the information you need about the dental implant procedure. As a leading Prosthodontics centre in Perth, our specialist dentists can provide the support, expertise and advice you need to find the best tooth replacement option for you.
To find out more about our tooth replacement options, or to book your free dental implant consultation, visit our website or call Aria Dental today on (08) 9226 2135.