Dental Implant Price Comparisons
Dental implants are a prosthetic replacement used to replace a missing tooth or missing teeth. Fabricated from titanium alloy, dental implants are surgically inserted into your jawbone. If you’ve lost one tooth, a number of original teeth or if your dentures are becoming uncomfortable, you may be a good candidate for dental implants and starting to investigate your options and wanting to understand how to make dental implant price comparisons.
Unlike removable dentures, dental implants don’t move or become uncomfortable when you’re eating a steak or an apple. Other benefits of dental implants include they:
- Look and feel like your original teeth and allow you to eat all food types.
- Stimulate and preserve the remaining bone.
- Stop your adjacent teeth from moving which can create alignment issues.
Dental implants also have a positive psychological impact. According to a 2017 study in The Open Dentistry Journal, Comparing the quality of life of patients requesting dental implants before and after, “tooth loss is a serious life event that impairs two important functions, namely, eating and speaking, and has significant side effects on different aspects of quality of life. These effects are internalized by the individual. The most common problems reported by patients were eating (78%), smiling, laughing, and embarrassment (53%) before surgery.”
After dental implant surgery this study found a positive impact on the patient’s quality of life.
You may be a good candidate for dental implants if:
- You’re suffering from gum disease that’s impacting your oral health
- You’ve lost one or a number of teeth
- You’re fed up with wearing dentures
- Your missing teeth are affecting the way you talk and sound
- You’re self-conscious about smiling because of your lost teeth.
Essential facts about dental implant prices
When you start researching dental implant prices you may be shocked at the range of prices quoted on dental practice websites. Since every patient is different, it’s impossible to get an accurate dental implant price if you don’t have a consultation with a dental surgeon. When you look at dental implant prices it’s important to consider if a general dentist will be performing your dental implant treatment, or whether a specialist Prosthodontist is.
When you have dental implant treatment with a Prosthodontist, you get peace of mind that they’re experienced and fully qualified with dental implants. If any unforeseen clinical issues do occur, a specialist Prosthodontist will have the skills to rectify them.
When it comes to knowing how much dental implants will cost you, dental implants are affected by several factors including:
- The specialist dental implant training the dental surgeons have undertaken
- Labour costs associated with the dental implant procedure; this includes dentists and clinical nurse costs
- The facilities and modern equipment that will be used during your dental implant procedure
- The dental technician and ceramist experience in fabricating crowns and restorations
- The type of dental implant used; we suggest you check where the dental implants are manufactured and what scientific studies have supported that dental implant
- The complexity of your dental implant procedure; if a bone graft or sinus lift is required, it will add to the price.
No doubt when you’re researching dental implant prices, you’ll come across ads for cheap dental implants available overseas. While dental implant procedures in Australia can seem expensive compared to going to Bali, Thailand or the Philippines, dental tourism is not always the answer.
Before you travel for thousands of kilometres from your home to a different country, we suggest you ask the following questions:
- What experience and formal training does the dental surgeon and clinical nurse have?
- What standards of hygiene and infection control does the dental facility have?
- What type of dental implants will they be using?
- Does the dental technician have the right skills to fabricate your dental implant prosthesis?
- Could there be any language barriers that may negatively affect your dental implant procedure and recovery?
- What happens if the dental implants have problems or fail?
- If the dental implants have problems or fail, will an Australian dentist be willing to fix this?
When you have dental implant treatment, it’s the start of a long-term relationship with your dental surgeon. If you’ve travelled overseas, will the dental clinic and/or dental surgeon still be there in 10 or 15 years?
Another point to keep in mind with dental implant prices is whether it will be the first step of your dental treatment. When you lose a tooth, the bone tissue that once supported it will begin to resorb. To ensure the success of dental implants, there must be an adequate amount of bone present. In some cases, patients will need a bone grafting procedure, which will add to the overall dental implant cost. Some patients may also require a sinus graft before their dental implant procedure.
Aria Dental knows the cost of dental implants can be financially challenging. Our dental implant payment plan allows our patients to get dental implants and either self-fund or have a third party finance their procedure.
How to choose which dental practice to attend for dental implants
Now you’ve worked out the cost of dental implants, it’s time to research which dental practice best suits your needs. As a Fellow of the Australasian College of Dental Surgeons, Dr Michael Zaninovich is internationally recognised for his achievements in dental implantology.
Our team of highly trained dentists have extensive experience with advanced dental implant techniques and dental implant treatment care. Your dental implant procedure will only be as good as the dentist who’s performing it.
We suggest you assess the following information:
- Ask your dentist for details about their dental implant experience and the type of additional training they’ve undertaken.
- Choose a dentist who is honest and transparent with their dental implant prices. They should also be able to show you recent before and after pictures of their patients.
- Does the dental clinic offer payment plans for their dental implant procedures?
- Are there positive Google reviews from the dental clinic’s patients?
It is important you feel confident and at ease with the dentist you choose to complete your dental implant procedures. It’s also important that other dental team members make you feel relaxed while you’re in the dental clinic. Aria Dental understands some patients get stressed or anxious about dental procedures. With our stress-free sleep dentistry options as standard and our opulent waiting room and recovery room, you’ll feel at home with us. Book your complimentary dental implant consultation at Aria Dental.