Congratulations on embarking on your Invisalign journey!
As you will wear your Invisalign aligners for 20-22 hours per day, and only remove your Invisalign aligners to eat, to drink and when you clean them – you will need to care for your Invisalign aligners every single day.
You need to clean your aligners in the morning and night when you brush your teeth. Use a soft toothbrush and very mild toothpaste to thoroughly clean your aligners twice daily. Brush your Invisalign aligners gently as if you brush too hard, it can cause visible scratches.
You need to make sure you keep your aligners well cleaned, as dry saliva and plaque will host and grow bacteria. If you notice your aligners are starting to smell or are stained, you can use Invisalign’s Cleaning Crystals to give your aligners a deep clean.
Quick Tips for your Invisalign Aligners
- Don’t eat or drink anything, except water, while wearing aligners
- When your aligners are out of your mouth, always keep them in your case
- Thoroughly brush and floss your teeth before reinserting your aligners
- Don’t rinse your aligners in hot water…. or in a dishwasher
- Don’t soak your aligners in mouthwash, as this can cause discolouration/staining
- Avoid wrapping your aligners in a tissue or serviette, as they can be left behind or thrown away
- Always keep your aligners is a safe space, as little hands or pets may consider as a fun toy
- If required, soak your aligners in Invisalign cleaning crystals or denture/retainer cleaner
- Should you lose an aligner or your aligner case, just contact the Aria Dental team and we can help you sort out a replacement
Invisalign Cleaning Crystals
Invisalign Cleaning Crystals are a cleaning system designed specifically for Invisalign aligners and retainers. The Invisalign cleaning crystals are designed to kill the bacteria that causes plaque to grow on your teeth and aligners. Deep cleaning will keep your aligners fresh and prevent discoloration or bacterial growth and leave your aligners sparklingly clear.
How to use: Rinse your aligners under lukewarm water then brush the aligner to remove any debris. Fill a clean glass with warm water and dissolve a packet of the Invisalign Cleaning Crystals in the water. Place your aligners to the glass and let soak for around 15 to 30 minutes (until visually looks clear/clean). Then rinse the aligners under running warm water before placing back in your mouth.
If you have run out of Invisalign Cleaning Crystals, you can try using a denture tablet and monitoring the cleaning process.